Sphere of application
- Transportation of bulk industrial freight ore, coal, crushed stone, gravel, sand, overburden, etc.
- Transportation of liquid freight petroleum and petroleum products, bitumen oil, chemical products, liquefied gases, high-quality natural drinking water, etc.
- Transportation of piece freight wood and wood products, steel products, containers, etc.
- Transportation of special freight domestic and industrial waste, etc.
- Speed up to 50 km per hour.
- Capacity of rolling stock up to 10 000 tons.
- Road gradient up to 10%, with a special type up to 30%.
- Transportation distance up to 2 000 km.
- The volume of freight transportations up to 250 million tons per year.
- The cost of freight route, excluding the cost of rolling stock, stations and infrastructure, from USD 1 million per km.
- Net cost of freight traffic 2 times lower than net cost of freight transportation by railway.
- Decrease of capital expenditure for construction:
Reduction of operating costs:
- significant decrease in land requirements necessary for the track and infrastructure;
- exception embankments, excavations, tunnels, bridges, viaducts, multi-level interchanges and culverts;
- rugged terrain, low strength of underlying soils and difficult geographical and climatic conditions does not lead to higher prices;
- decrease on the order of resource requirements string-rail overpass compared to traditional transport overpass.
Reducing the net cost of freight transportation in two or more times.
The possibility of developing new areas with provision of mining operations in difficult places.
Improving the reliability and safety of all-weather and year-round operation of freight suspended UST in any climatic conditions.
The possibility of combining the track structure and its support with power lines and communication lines wire, fiber optic, radio relay, cellular.
- by reducing the consumption of energy and fuel;
- by reducing staff costs;
- by automation of loading-unloading works and transportation process;
- by reducing the volume of track and repair work;
- in winter not necessary clean the track structure of ice and snow.
- Low resource consumption and low energy consumption at all stages of the life cycle of freight suspended UST (design, construction, operation and dismantling).
- Freight suspended UST does not violate the terrain, biogeocoenosis and biodiversity neighborhood.
- The road does not destroy the fertile soil and vegetation.
- The road does not prevent:
- the movement of ground and surface waters;
- the movement of people, pets and wild animals;
- the work of the agricultural, construction and special equipment.
Reliability and safety
- The presence of anti-derailment device.
- Ten-fold margin of safety of string elements.
- Stability to ice, glaciation, snowdrift, fogs, dust and sand storms.
- Reliability in any extreme air temperatures.
- High stability to vandalism and terrorist acts.
- Stability to natural disasters (with special equipment and minimal rise in the price):
- earthquake of magnitude up to 10 on the Richter scale;
- floods with water depth up to 10 m and more;
- hurricane wind with speed up to 250 km per hour or more;
- tsunami with wave height up to 20 m and more.