18 July 1996
Anatoly Yunitskiy's thesis in the form of a scientific report on application for a PhD scientific degree in informational technologies (transport)
"String Transport Systems are new technologies
in high-speed ground transport" (in Russian) is the title of the published Anatoly Yunitskiy's thesis in the form of a scientific report on application for a PhD scientific degree in informational technologies (transport).
The objective of this work is to develop a fundamentally new high-speed transportation system that is environmentally friendly, with low material intensity, not requiring a large land alienation for its construction, operating on electrical energy and having a high speed of vehicles traffic with the use of wheels bearing.
Scientific novelty and significance of the work consists in the fact that it applies first-ever an integrated approach to the modern informational environment allowing us to obtain fundamentally new solutions in various fields of technology.
This work has been completed in:
- "Star World" Center (city of Gomel),
- "New Transport Lines Ltd." (city of Minsk),
- "NTL Neue Transportlinien GmbH" (Germany),
- numerous scientific institutions and universities of Belarus and Russia.
The experts of the work are:
- Academician of the Belarusian Academy of Sciences, PhD of technical sciences, Professor, winner of the USSR State prize M.Vysotskiy;
- Academician of the International Academy of informational processes and technologies, Associate Member of the Belarusian Academy of Sciences, PhD of technical sciences, winner of the USSR State prize G.Manshin;
- Academician of the International Academy of informational processes and technologies, PhD of technical sciences, Professor O.Rukshetel.
This work is recommended to the Scientific Council of the International Academy of informational processes and technologies (Belarusian branch) by:
- Academician of the International Academy of informational processes and technologies, PhD of technical sciences, Professor A.Maslakov;
- Academician of the International Academy of informational processes and technologies, PhD of technical sciences, Professor E.Starodetko.
The main results of the work
The author's research offers the following scientifically based methods to improve high-speed ground transportation. It also provides solutions to a number of technical, technological, economic and environmental problems of great national economic significance. While solving the problems the following basic results were obtained:
- A fundamentally new linear string transport system is proposed, scientifically substantiated and researched. The work shows the best way to use physical and mechanical properties of materials with the aim to reduce material intensity and capital expenses for the construction of transport communications.
- The author has developed the fundamentals for creating the main components of string transport systems: supports (anchor, intermediate, and braking ones), string-rails, track structure and transportation module.
- The author has designed and tested the body shape of a transport module for string systems with a drag coefficient Cx = 0.075 that has no analogues in other modes of transport.
- The basic technologies for a flow-line construction of string transport systems have been developed.
- The author has studied versions for implementing a string track structure; their optimization and selection of the most viable option with two horizontally arranged string-rails were carried out.
- The author has researched statics of string transport systems and determined the maximum deflections of strings under the impact of loads weight and under the impact of a moving load - for the track structure. Recommendations were produced on the selection and optimization of basic parameters for the system: stretching forces for strings, spans length, height of string-rail, size, passenger and load capacity of transport modules, etc.
- There was researched the dynamics of vibrations in the track structure and transport module under various traffic conditions (a single module and their flow at a wide range of speeds), different designs of track structure (continuous and split string-rail) and a wide range of design parameters (span length, stretching force of the string, stiffness of the rail, weight of the vehicle, the physical and mechanical features of materials used, the stiffness of wheel suspension, damping capacity of the system elements, etc.). The following conclusions and recommendations were provided:
The author has carried out techno-economic analysis of string transport systems for passenger and cargo transportation. The organization of trafficking transport modules was optimized to reduce the cost of transportation.
- conditions were determined for the organization of resonance-free traffic of a single vehicle and a flow of vehicles on UST;
- the work defines the conditions under which the flow of loads moves along undisturbed rails by selecting design parameters of UST and modes of carriages movement (vibrations are left behind each vehicle and decay in 0.1-0.5 seconds, before the next vehicle appears);
- it is shown that in case of the carriages flow the conditions of dynamic loading on a span are more favorable than when a single load is moving;
- it is determined that a string transport line of continuous structure is more preferable compared to UST with a body split above supports, because the dynamic deflection of such span will be lower and its shape will not have corner points.