8 June 2011
Video: High-speed inter-city String Transport System
UST General Designer Anatoly Yunitskiy presents
High-speed inter-city String Transport System.
High-speed inter-city String Transport System:
- the most efficient passenger transport system at an average distances;
- highly resistant to flooding, earthquakes and other natural disasters;
- does not destroy surrounding flora and fauna;
- preserves natural landscape and biogeocenosis;
- service life of string-rail track structure is 50-100 years;
- land allocation the same as for pedestrian walkway (less than 1000 sq. meters per kilometer);
- high aerodynamic properties (3.5 times better than that of a sports car);
- carrying capacity of 100,000 passengers per day;
- low cost of transportation (USD 2.9 per 100 km);
- operational speed is up to 500 km per hour;
- minimum noise and emission impact on human health and environment.